The HexH2O is a camera-toting drone that can shoot both underwater and aerial footage. This drone is capable of floating by virtue of its epoxy fiber/carbon fiber waterproof body. This means it is capable of landing on calm bodies of water and taking underwater shots before taking off.
The drone has a fairly long flight time of 25 minutes on a full charge when using the recommended dual 6,500 mAh lithium-polymer batteries.
A fully assembled HexH2O can be yours for $3,658 plus shipping, and includes a remote control unit, although you'll have to get your own GoPro and batteries. However you can save some money if you purchase the DIY kit, which includes all the primary body components and electronics for $895. Pre-orders can be put in place in early 2015, with shipping set to commence in late January/early February.
The HexH2O Drone Can Float On Water and Snap Underwater Images
1. Amphibious Camera Drones - Opportunities exist to develop versatile drones that can shoot both underwater and aerial footage.
2. Waterproof Drones - Developing waterproof bodies for drones can result in new underwater photography and videography options for consumers.
3. DIY Drone Kits - More economical options for consumers exist in the form of DIY drone kits inclusive of all primary body components and electronics.
1. Photography and Videography - Amphibious drones that can capture footage both underwater and in the air are changing the photography and videography industries.
2. Consumer Electronics - Waterproof drone technology is disruptive in the consumer electronics industry, providing new options for consumers to capture and share photos and videos.
3. DIY Hobbies - The availability of DIY drone kits presents tangible opportunities for hobbyists to explore drone technology and create their own unique devices on a budget.