This is both horrifying and hilarious. Sanrio is now selling kits which contain everything you need to dress your pets up as Hello Kitty, the hat being a particularly fine touch.
I guess most cats would not tolerate this kind of rubbish, but I can imagine owners who thought this would be a good idea as many people already be treat their cats like babies.
I'm really loving the fed up expressions on these cats.
Implications - Pets have taken on a more human role in recent decades; at this point, most pets are ostensibly family members. With an ongoing, pet-dressing craze, companies peripherally involved with animals would be wise to offer pet accessories, apparel and entertainment -- essentially all the needs of a person, but for a dog or cat.
Hello Kitty Costumes for Cats
1. Pet Apparel Trend - Companies can innovate by offering trendy, high-quality pet apparel that caters to pet owners' desire to dress up their pets as human family members.
2. Pet Entertainment Trend - With the growing pet-dressing craze, companies can create innovative pet entertainment products and services that cater to pet owners' desire to pamper their pets.
3. Personalized Pet Products Trend - Companies can innovate by offering personalized pet products such as monogrammed collars, customized feeding bowls, and bespoke pet houses.
1. Pet Apparel Industry - Companies in the pet apparel industry can disrupt the market by offering unique, high-quality pet apparel that caters to the growing need for pet dressing.
2. Pet Entertainment Industry - With the growing demand for pet entertainment, companies in the pet entertainment industry can offer innovative products and services that cater to the pet owners' desire to pamper their pets.
3. Pet Products Industry - Companies in the pet products industry can innovate by offering personalized pet products that cater to the pet owners' desire to treat their pets as human family members.