By the end of the year, all of the cabins in Hawaiian Airlines' Airbus A321neo aircraft fleet will have been completely redesigned with a focus on incorporating meaningful aspects of the Hawaiian culture.
JPA Design was tasked with redoing the interior design of the airline cabins and came up with a number of ways to weave in elements of the island's spirit and traditions. For instance, the redesigned cabins will feature bark cloth and fishing nets along the walls, as well as mood lights that mimic the serene colors of a Hawaiian sunrise. Over the course of a traveler's journey, these lights change subtly to reflect other color schemes that are unique to Hawaii.
Those who are curious about previewing the new cabin interiors may do so online with a virtual tour.
Hawaiian Airlines' New Cabin Design Incorporates Cultural Details
1. Cultural Cabin Design - There is an opportunity for airlines to differentiate themselves by incorporating cultural details in their cabin designs.
2. Virtual Tours - Online virtual tours of new cabin designs provide a cost-effective marketing tool for airlines.
3. Mood Lighting - Incorporating mood lighting that changes subtly during flight can enhance the passenger experience on long-haul flights.
1. Airline Industry - Airlines can differentiate themselves from competitors by incorporating unique cultural elements in their cabin designs.
2. Interior Design Industry - Interior designers can specialize in cultural design to provide unique cabin designs for airlines.
3. Tourism Industry - The tourism industry can partner with airlines to create virtual tours of cabin designs, promoting the destination and airliners at the same time.