Here's something new for people visiting Brazil's beaches: free Internet from a Coke vending machine aptly named the Happiness Refill. Coke has installed this vending machine at one of its stores on Copacabana Beach in Brazil to dispense free Internet access.
All you have to do is press your phone against a 'tap,' and you're able to download a Coke-themed browser and 20 megabytes of data. You can use this data to listen to music on the browser, access Social networks or check the weather!
The machine is currently being tested by around 50 Android users. However, Coke is hoping to install other Happiness Refill machines for other smart phone users as well.
The Coca Cola Happiness Refill Fountain Lets You Log On
1. Internet-access Vending Machines - Vending machines offering internet access presents opportunities for companies to provide added-value services for customers.
2. Free Wi-fi Initiatives - Free Wi-Fi initiatives like Coca Cola’s Happiness Refill are becoming increasingly popular and can be leveraged as a marketing tool to attract customers.
3. Mobile-enabled Experiences - Providing mobile-enabled experiences to customers through Coke’s browser such as music listening, social network access and weather checking presents opportunities for companies to elevate their brand offering.
1. Retail - Retail companies can offer vending machines with internet access to enhance in-store customer experiences.
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can leverage vending machines with added-value services, such as Wi-Fi access, to drive customer engagement and brand loyalty.
3. Technology - Technology companies can develop mobile-enabled experiences for their customers, including browser apps and other connectivity options.