Hair Chalking is a new temporary dye-like solution for those looking for new, hot pastel ombre look without the damage or commitment. Cheap, easy and quick, Hair Chalking offers stylistas the at-home ability to rock the latest hair fad without the lengthy ordeal of dye.
Soft chalks and pastels are rubbed directly onto the hair to create a colorful, avant-garde look. While the chalks show up better on lighter hair, certain shades will work amazingly on dark tresses. Inspired largely by Lauren Conrad's earlier highlighter ombre dye job seen on instagram and her personal beauty blog The Beauty Department, this look is sweeping all of the world's fashion capitals as well as the runways.
In this tutorial by Kandee Johnson, the look is explained in a way that is easy to understand and difficult to not be curious about.
Lauren Conrad Inspires the Kandee Johnson Hair Chalking Video
1. Temporary Hair Dye - Hair chalking offers a temporary dye-like solution for experimenting with vibrant, pastel ombre looks without the commitment or damage.
2. At-home Hair Styling - With hair chalking, stylistas can easily achieve the latest hair trends at home, eliminating the need for salon visits and saving both time and money.
3. Influence of Social Media - Instagram and beauty blogs like The Beauty Department are inspiring and popularizing the hair chalking trend, making it a global phenomenon.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Hair chalking creates opportunities for innovative temporary hair dye products and salon services.
2. DIY Products and Tutorials - The popularity of hair chalking creates a demand for DIY hair chalk kits and online tutorials, giving rise to new businesses in this space.
3. Social Media and Influencer Marketing - The influence of Instagram and beauty bloggers in spreading the hair chalking trend opens up opportunities for social media marketing and collaborations with influencers.