The Guia Academica campaign revolves around three relatively questionable occupations and people who spit words out without really thinking about what they're saying. Interestingly enough, it is not necessarily what they have chosen to do with their lives that the campaign addresses, but how they act in those jobs. The Guia Academica campaign reads, "Saying something without knowing the reason why, or to say something because you know."
The message of the tag line is driven home by statements the subjects say themselves. For instance, the stripper observes strangely, "The anal massages cure the hiccups." Created by Colombian-based agency Sancho BBDO, the Guia Academica campaign encourages people to study what's right so as to never say something wrong.
The Guia Academica Campaign Urges "Say Something Because You Know"
1. Ignorance-correcting Ads - A trend in advertising campaigns that seek to educate and correct the spread of misinformation.
2. Critical Thinking Education - A trend in education that emphasizes the importance of critical thinking skills to combat the spread of misinformation.
3. Fact-checking Tools - A trend in the development of tools and platforms that help users fact-check and verify information they encounter.
1. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can take advantage of this trend by creating campaigns that educate and correct the spread of misinformation while promoting their own brand.
2. Education - The education industry can create programs and curriculums that emphasize critical thinking skills to combat the spread of misinformation.
3. Media and Technology - The media and technology industry can develop tools and platforms that help users fact-check and verify information they encounter, creating more informed audiences and users.