Grounds for Change is a certified B Corporation based in Seattle, Washington that is committed to social and environmental practices. The heart of the social business is the small farmer cooperatives that they work with in Peru, Colombia and Nicaragua. The coffee beans are certified fair trade, organic, carbon-free and are grown in shaded areas in order to create higher yields in a more sustainable manner.
There's also a small giving model built into the company; 1% of all sales go toward a bread the of environmental groups and non-profits through the '1% for the Planet' program. They are also members of the Green America Business Network.
Grounds for Change website
Grounds for Change on Facebook
Grounds for Change on Twitter
Grounds for Change Offers a Fair Trade, Organic & Shade-Grown Brew
1. Carbon-free Coffee - Opportunity for developing innovative carbon-free coffee roasting technology.
2. Fair Trade - Potential for disruptive innovation in the fair trade certification and supply chain management.
3. Shade-grown Coffee - Opportunity for developing sustainable methods and technology for shade-grown coffee cultivation.
1. Coffee Roasting - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the coffee roasting industry to develop carbon-free roasting methods.
2. Certification and Compliance - Potential for disruptive innovation in fair trade certification and compliance systems.
3. Agriculture and Farming - Opportunity for innovative methods and technology in sustainable shade-grown coffee farming.