Japanese artist Takahiro Komuro works together on a special edition of the Ground Dragon sculpture alongside Avant Arte. The sculpture boasts a bronze hue throughout and is inspired by a variety of sci-fi movies that stem from the artist's childhood.
He often incorporates his youth experience in his work -- growing up in Tokyo, the artist grew up close to metalworking factories and has since gained an understanding of working with materials such as wood, clay, metal, and rocks. The sculpture is limited to only 30 pieces and the bronze is made possible with an iridescent paint job. It also has the artist's signature that is engraved under the right foot of the dragon and the edition number under the left foot.
Image Credit: Avant Arte, Takahiro Komuro
Takahiro Komuro and Avant Art Join on the Ground Dragon
1. Sci-fi Nostalgia Art - The trend of creating sci-fi nostalgic art pieces offers opportunities for the creation of limited edition art collaborations.
2. Iridescent Paint Techniques - The use of iridescent paint jobs on high-end art pieces presents an opportunity for innovation and artistic creativity.
3. Youth-inspired Art - The trend of incorporating an artist's upbringing and childhood memories into their artwork offers an opportunity to create unique, meaningful and emotionally-driven pieces.
1. Art Collecting - The limited edition of 30 pieces of the sci-fi nostalgic Ground Dragon sculpture provides opportunities for art collectors to acquire rare and unique pieces.
2. Metalworking - The popularity of the sci-fi nostalgic Ground Dragon sculpture and its bronze hue opens up possibilities for metalworkers to collaborate with artists on similar high-end projects.
3. Paint Manufacturing - The intricate iridescent paint used in the sci-fi nostalgic Ground Dragon sculpture, presents an opportunity for innovation and improved paint manufacturing techniques.