Grey Power by Yoni Lefevre, a photographer and student at the Design Academy Eindhoven, is a series revolving around grandparents and their grandchildren's active imagination. It essentially brings to life children's adorable and fantastical drawings of their grandparents to the delight of all involved. In doing so, the series benefits both parties in different ways.
Created in order to challenge the depiction of seniors as dependent and past their prime, Grey Power by Yoni Lefevre not only shows them as very active, but also happy and healthy. Of course, in a very surreal way. Basically, Lefevre has interpreted the drawings with fun ones of her own, as well as hilarious wardrobe decisions, to accurately convey what the kids have put on paper with a handful of crayons.
Grey Power by Yoni Lefevre Incorporates Ideas from Grandchildren
1. Imaginative Elderly - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing interactive experiences that embrace the imagination and creativity of elderly individuals.
2. Reimagining Aging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating platforms that challenge traditional stereotypes about aging and showcase the vitality and enthusiasm of older generations.
3. Intergenerational Collaboration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Promoting collaboration between different age groups to foster creativity, build relationships, and create unique artistic projects.
1. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new techniques and approaches in photography that showcase alternative and imaginative perspectives of the elderly.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating inclusive entertainment experiences that appeal to a wide range of age groups, incorporating elements of fantasy and intergenerational collaboration.
3. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating creative and imaginative interventions into healthcare activities for the elderly, promoting well-being and active participation.