The new ad campaign Good Books: Metamorphisis from Stringtheory is a sublime adventure through the visual depiction of an extravagant narration. Dictated by a Hunter S. Thomson-like figure, the commercial features the poetic stream of consciousness of someone looking for Kafka's 'Metamorphosis.' The video is accompanied by some psychedelic instrumentation which complements the surrealist appeal of the eccentric commercial. The commercial's appeal derives from its use of an iconic literary figure and commitment to the style of writing that Thomson represents.
Usegoodbooks.com is an online store that delivers books, music and movies to your house; their profits go to support charities around the world. In the words of the narrator from Goodbooks: Metamorphosis, "if anyone was going to get their hands on my il-earned cash it was going to be a nameless village in Tanzania, washing their children's head in raw sewage."
Hunter S. Thomson-Inspired Advertisement for Good Books is a Trip
1. Surrealist Advertising - Businesses can embrace surrealism in their advertising to create an avant-garde image and appeal to customers looking for unique and visually striking concepts.
2. Socially Responsible E-commerce - Companies can follow the example of Usegoodbooks.com and align their business with a charitable cause to increase consumer interest and social impact.
3. Cinematic Advertisement - Businesses can draw inspiration from cinematic art forms, such as poetry and stream of consciousness narration, to create memorable advertising that connects with consumers on an emotional level.
1. Online Retail - E-commerce companies can leverage their platform to contribute to social causes and differentiate themselves from competitors through socially responsible business practices.
2. Arts and Entertainment - Businesses in the film and music industries can draw inspiration from surrealist and cinematic art to create thought-provoking and memorable advertising campaigns.
3. Publishing - Publishers can use iconic literary figures and experimental writing styles such as stream of consciousness to create visually striking and thought-provoking ads for their publications.