Globally Local, a Canadian fast-food chain that's known for its vegan eats, has announced that it will be making its debut on the Toronto Stock Exchange’s Venture Exchange, making it the world's very first publicly traded vegan fast-food company.
The move comes after Globally Local expanded its reach with eight different locations, and announced plans to launch a total of 20 locations throughout North America by 2022. What makes Globally Local stand out from the many other vegan food spots that have launched in response to consumer demand is its affordable pricing. As the company makes all of its own protein and dairy alternatives, it is able to offer its products for low prices, similar to what consumers would find at traditional QSR chains.
Image Credit: Globally Local
Globally Local is the First Publicly Traded Vegan Fast Food Company
1. Vegan Fast Food - With Globally Local's stock market debut, a new trend of vegan fast food restaurants may emerge in the market.
2. Affordable Plant-based Alternatives - As veganism becomes more popular, the demand for affordable plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy products is growing, creating a trend for companies like Globally Local to disrupt the fast food industry with their low prices.
3. Expansion of Vegan Fast Food Chains - As Globally Local expands its reach, it may pave the way for the expansion of vegan fast food chains, which can change the landscape of fast food industry in a global scale.
1. Fast Food - Trend of vegan fast food restaurants and expansion of vegan fast food chains provide opportunities to disrupt the fast food industry.
2. Plant-based Food - The growing demand for affordable plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy products presents opportunities for innovation and disruption in the plant-based food industry.
3. Stock Market - Globally Local's move to the Toronto Stock Exchange’s Venture Exchange may open doors for other vegan fast food companies to enter the stock market, disrupting the food industry in new ways.