The Oak Door steakhouse in Grand Hyatt Tokyo has a gigantic burger on its menu that will be exclusively available from April 1st until June 30th. The piece is truly extravagant and overwhelming every way you look at it — from its visual characteristics and its weight to its smell and its taste. Dubbed the 'Golden Giant Burger,' the dish honors Naruhito — the Crown Prince of Japan.
The gigantic burger measures 25 centimeters in width and 15 centimeters in height. It is served on a gold-dusted bun and it boasts a number of ingredients, including luxurious touches of foie gras and black truffles. Weighing at three kilograms, Oak Door encourages diners to split the gigantic burger between five to seven people.
Oak Door's Gigantic Burger Costs a Whopping $900 USD
1. Extravagant Dining - There is opportunity for restaurants to create over-the-top dining experiences with extravagant dishes that encourage large groups to share.
2. Luxury Ingredient Inclusion - Using high-end ingredients like gold, truffles, and foie gras can elevate a dish to a unique and luxurious experience.
3. Out-of-the-box Menu Items - Creating unique menu items that go beyond traditional offerings can grab the attention of diners and create a buzz around a restaurant.
1. Fine Dining Restaurants - Fine dining restaurants can innovate by offering extravagant dishes like the Golden Giant Burger to create unique dining experiences.
2. Luxury Food Retailers - Luxury food retailers can take advantage of luxury ingredient inclusion trend by offering upscale ingredients like gold, truffles, and foie gras in their products.
3. Marketing and PR - Marketing and PR agencies can work with restaurants to develop and promote out-of-the-box menu items, generating buzz and increasing exposure for their clients.