Southern hospitality is a point of pride from people who hail from below the Mason-Dixon Line, and the 'Garden and Gun Club' is a new social gathering place that embraces that welcoming philosophy. The club, which was designed by local studio Workstead, deftly combines old and new designs and ideas without ever abandoning the original concept, making it a space that's warm, cozy, and comfortable for locals and visitors to Atlanta, Georgia.
'Garden and Gun' is a popular southern lifestyle magazine, and Workstead's challenge in designing the club was to bring the magazine's aesthetic and tone into the real world. The Garden and Gun Club uses dark and supple materials in the style of older social clubs, but it also has wide open windows to both allow in light and show people from the outside what they can join in on.
Image Credit: Design Milk
The 'Garden and Gun Club' is a Social Gathering Place in Atlanta, Georgia
1. Southern Hospitality Clubs - There is an opportunity for more social gathering places that embody the welcoming philosophy of southern hospitality while incorporating modern design elements.
2. Hybrid Old-new Designs - Creating spaces that seamlessly blend traditional and modern design elements is a trend that is gaining popularity in the hospitality industry, with potential applications beyond that.
3. Magazine-inspired Spaces - Designing spaces based on the aesthetic and tone of popular magazines is a trend that could be applied to other industries as well.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can benefit from creating more welcoming, comfortable spaces that incorporate both traditional and modern design elements in the style of southern hospitality clubs.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can take inspiration from the design of southern hospitality clubs in creating spaces that blend traditional and modern design elements seamlessly.
3. Publishing - Magazine publishers can explore the trend of creating spaces that reflect the aesthetic and tone of their publications to provide a unique experience for readers and fans.