These gaming pots have surfaced just short of the 25th Anniversary of Tetris. Made of ceramic and created in many colors, French product designer Stephanie Choplin has infused the Tetris idea into her pots.
Choplin's idea was manifested in a ceramic class at the Estonian Academy of Arts, and is now waiting to go into production.
Implications - With the rising popularity of retro-chic decorations, classic shapes and symbols from the past are coming back in the form of everyday house hold items. Companies should begin to look at other themes that occurred during passed time periods, as it may be beneficial to resurrect icons from previous generations and instill a sense of nostalgia in consumers.
Ceramic Tetris Creations Celebrate Game's 25th Anniversary
1. Retro-chic Decorations - Exploring the rising popularity of retro-chic decorations can lead to innovative product designs that tap into consumers' nostalgia.
2. Classic Shapes and Symbols - Utilizing classic shapes and symbols from the past in product designs can cater to consumers looking for a sense of familiarity and nostalgia.
3. Resurrecting Icons From Previous Generations - Bringing back icons from previous generations in new and creative ways can evoke a sense of nostalgia in consumers, creating disruptive innovation opportunities.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can leverage the trend of retro-chic decorations to offer unique and nostalgic products that appeal to consumers.
2. Ceramics - The ceramics industry can explore the use of classic shapes and symbols to create innovative and nostalgic products that stand out in the market.
3. Product Design - Product designers can venture into resurrecting icons from previous generations and infusing them into modern designs, offering disruptive innovation opportunities.