For this year's EGX Razzed, PlayStation set up an exciting gaming event for its fans.
PlayStation's own virtual reality headset isn't set for an official release until October later this year, but fans were invited into a pop-up underground gaming lair where they could play a variety of VR games months ahead of the release. With 12 individual gaming stations, six titles were teased at the gaming event, including Rez Infinite, Playroom VR and Battlezone. Although virtual reality experiences are best experienced first-hand, PlayStation created a setup that allowed spectators to see the simulations come to life before their eyes on large-screen TVs.
As well as featuring branded drinks and a comfortable lounge area, the pop-up event space also had a photo booth where fans could take a picture of themselves wearing the PlayStation VR gear.
PlayStation's Pop-Up Let Fans Play VR Games Before Its Headset Release
1. Virtual Reality Gaming - Brands can create pop-up underground gaming events that give fans an exclusive preview of their latest VR games.
2. Pre-release Access - Businesses can create buzz around a product by giving customers pre-release access through gaming events.
3. Multiplayer Experiences - Businesses can attract larger crowds by hosting multiplayer VR experiences at gaming events.
1. Technology - Tech companies can utilize gaming events to showcase their latest products and generate excitement around upcoming releases.
2. Entertainment - Gaming events can be used by entertainment businesses to promote their latest offerings and engage with fans.
3. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can host gaming events to attract younger crowds and offer unique experiences to their guests.