The G12 House by (se)arch Freie Architekten is situated in Germany, and is a house that makes the most of natural lighting. Instead of closing the interior off from the natural sunlight, the architects have made opening the house up to the outside a main priority. The house features floor-to-ceiling windows on the top floor, allowing residences to completely open these up on a hot summer's day.
Considering the difference that access to natural light has on one's mood, having a place such as the G12 House would also be good for your health. When one is exposed to too much artificial lighting, this can disrupt the circadian clock, and lead to sleeping problems and other health issues.
The G12 House by '(se)arch Freie Architekten' is Filled with Light
1. Natural-light Architecture - Architects can prioritize natural light in home design to improve resident health and well-being.
2. Light-focused Homes - Homes designed to optimize natural light have an advantage in the real estate market.
3. Glass-filled Houses - Innovative use of glass can create a unique look for modern homes and increase energy efficiency.
1. Architecture - Architects can incorporate natural light as a key feature to differentiate themselves and promote healthy indoor environments.
2. Real Estate - Real estate agents and developers can market homes that prioritize natural light as a way to appeal to health-conscious consumers.
3. Energy Efficiency - Companies specializing in energy-efficient materials can offer new glass options to maximize the amount of natural light while reducing energy costs and environmental impact.