Since the 1800s, technology has been improving the way fans experience football — now, HTC and futurologist Ian Pearson have teamed up to look ahead at the future of football and what’s to come for next 50 years.
The infographic goes way back to the origins of the game and improvements that were gradually introduced over time. 2010 was a big year for innovation in football, since the FIFA World Cup was broadcast for the first time in HD, the first 3D match was broadcast and FIFA began testing goal line technology.
HTC’s Football Feed was just recently launched in November 2013 and as for what’s next, HTC is projecting some seriously cool smartphone technology that will be relevant for the future of football. Some of these amazing future technologies to look forward to could include ultra-realistic 3D video by 2045 and video footage captured for live broadcasts by robotic insects by about 2030.
This HTC Infographic Looks Ahead at the Future of Football
1. Immersive Video Technology - As technology advances and consumers become increasingly demanding, there is an opportunity to develop more immersive and realistic video experiences that can better engage football fans.
2. Robotic Filming and Photography - As robotic technology improves, there is a disruptive innovation opportunity to capture live footage of football games using robotic insects, potentially offering new and unique perspectives to viewers.
3. Smartphone Integration in Sports Entertainment - The future of football can be revolutionized through the integration of advanced smartphone technology, allowing for more personalized and interactive experiences for fans.
1. Sports Technology - The sports technology industry has the opportunity to become a pioneer in developing innovative solutions that further enhance the football fan experience, from immersive video technology to wearable devices.
2. Film and Photography - Film and photography industries can take advantage of robotic technology advancements to create unique and engaging aerial or insect-level perspectives to capture football events.
3. Smartphone Manufacturers - Smartphone manufacturers can further integrate advanced features for use in sports entertainment industries to bring better experiences and better functionality to football fans.