Designer Marcel Wanders' latest creative project is the Furrow Sofa, crafted for Italian lifestyle label Natuzzi. Natuzzi only recently expanded from being a furniture brand to becoming a lifestyle label. The label adopts the concept of blending together design, function, materials and colors in order to create a space of harmonious living. The new Furrow sofa visually appears to have a similar look and smooth exterior of an old baseball glove.
Marcel Wanders drew inspiration from the natural beauty of Puglia when designing the curvaceous sofa. He incorporated the warm colors of the brown soil surrounding the olive trees from the region. The back of the sofa, as well as the sides, are rounded out in order to exude the idea of a cocoon. The wrapping shape maximizes comfort, while the colored exterior of red-brown leather and saddle stitch details give off a tailored comfort.
Marcel Wanders Designed the Furrow Sofa for Natuzzi Italia
1. Lifestyle Label - More companies can expand from being a furniture brand to becoming a lifestyle label and offer products that blend together design, function, materials, and colors.
2. Nature-inspired Design - Designers can draw inspiration from natural beauty to create curvaceous and cocoon-like furniture that maximizes comfort and creates a space of harmonious living.
3. Tailored Comfort - Furniture can be designed with saddle stitch details and colored exterior in order to give off a tailored comfort.
1. Furniture - Furniture brands can use the concept of blending together design, function, materials, and colors to create a space of harmonious living and expand their business to become a lifestyle label.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can draw inspiration from nature when designing furniture to create a space of harmonious living for their clients.
3. Fashion - Fashion brands can use saddle stitch details and colored exteriors on their products to give off a tailored comfort and expand into the furniture industry.