Taking cues from the Paranormal Activity franchise, this Italian IKEA furniture commercial shows a couple late at night enjoying an almost restful night's sleep.
For a lot of people, their bed is their haven and safe place, but in this ad, the bed is anything but. The shaky, home movie style footage captures the couple fast asleep in the middle of the night. However, it's not long before the guy starts being devoured by his mattress, sinking into some dark scary place under the bed. Throughout the video, the woman sleeps soundly, but you can assume she'll be next, unless she takes a trip to IKEA to purchase a brand new bedroom set that's free of spirits.
IKEA's Paranormal-Inspired Furniture Commercial Has a Freaky Bed
1. Paranormal-inspired Advertising - Opportunity for brands to create ads that incorporate elements of horror and the supernatural to engage consumers.
2. Emphasizing Restful Sleep - Opportunity for companies to market products that promote peaceful and comfortable sleep experiences.
3. Storytelling Through Commercial Footage - Opportunity for brands to use shaky, home movie style footage in their commercials to create a sense of authenticity and relatability.
1. Furniture Retail - Opportunity for furniture retailers to highlight the quality and safety of their products to alleviate consumer concerns about sleep disturbances.
2. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor companies to offer themed bedroom sets, capitalizing on the popularity of paranormal and horror elements in media.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for advertising and marketing agencies to develop creative and engaging campaigns that resonate with consumers through the use of storytelling and immersive experiences.