Funny or Die's 'Pitch' app streamlines comedy writing by digitizing the process. The app, which launched at Montreal's Just For Laughs Festival, was released in an effort to facilitate writer and publisher connections.
The app's premise is simple: writers post a topic, while other users anonymously pitch jokes related to said topic, and then vote for the comments they like. At the end of the pitching period, the poster will rank the contributing jokes, providing those new to the scene with some real-time feedback. The original poster can purchase commented jokes, receiving an invoice directly through the app, making for a seamless and legal transaction.
The app provides a means for writers to sell their jokes, and enables content creators to fine-tune their work, with the help of crowd-sourced data.
Funny or Die's 'Pitch' App Connects Writers and Content Creators
1. Digitized Comedy-writing - The 'Pitch' app digitizes the comedy writing process, revolutionizing how jokes are created and sold.
2. Crowd-sourced Feedback - The app's crowd-sourced feedback feature allows writers to receive real-time feedback on their jokes, enhancing the quality of comedy writing.
3. Seamless Transactions - With the ability to purchase and sell jokes directly through the app, 'Pitch' offers a seamless and legal transaction experience for writers and content creators.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the 'Pitch' app to discover new talent, collaborate with writers, and improve the quality of comedy content.
2. Technology - The technology industry can explore opportunities in developing similar apps that streamline creative processes and enable seamless transactions.
3. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can integrate features from the 'Pitch' app to facilitate the buying and selling of creative content, expanding their offerings to a new market.