Over the past few years, adult consumers have turned to craft sodas in particular as an alternative to alcohol and California Dreamin' offers its all-natural fruit sodas with a twist—each bottle contains 10 milligrams of THC to provide a "light social high."
The carbonated fruit juice and cannabis sodas are offered in familiar, approachable flavors like Cranberry Apple, Tangerine, Pomegranate and Grapefruit, which have the potential to appeal to a wide range of consumers. Because the soda beverages have a low dose of marijuana, they set themselves apart from other products that are typically targeted at smokers or those who are comfortable with consuming edibles.
As of the beginning of 2018, new cannabis laws in California prevent marijuana from being mixed with alcohol—as such, many brands are simply getting creative by launching alternative non-alcoholic beverages.
California Dreamin' Aims to Challenge the Alcohol Industry
1. Craft Sodas - Craft sodas have become popular among adult consumers seeking alternatives to alcohol, presenting an opportunity for innovation in flavors and ingredients.
2. Low-dose THC Beverages - Beverages containing low doses of THC, like California Dreamin' fruit sodas, offer a lighter social high and appeal to a wider range of consumers.
3. Non-alcoholic Cannabis Beverages - With new cannabis laws in California prohibiting the mixing of marijuana with alcohol, there is a growing market for alternative non-alcoholic cannabis beverages.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can explore the creation of craft sodas and low-dose THC beverages to cater to the increasing demand for non-alcoholic alternatives.
2. Cannabis Industry - The cannabis industry has an opportunity to innovate by developing non-alcoholic cannabis beverages that comply with the laws and regulations governing the sector.
3. Hospitality Industry - Hotels, bars, and restaurants can offer non-alcoholic cannabis beverages to appeal to a broader customer base and capitalize on the demand for low-dose THC options.