In order to bring ease to the difficulty of transporting heavy whole melons, pineapples and gourds home easily, Vicente Peris created special packaging for half fruit slices for Spanish retailer El Corte Inglés.
Even when a full fruit or vegetable is purchased for family consumption, the produce often ends up wasted. In Spain and Latin America, it's quite customary to have a fruit vendor slice fresh produce in half for purchase, solving issues that have to do with weight and food waste.
Since slicing open fresh produce in a grocery store is not always possible due to food and safety regulations, these half packages make it easier for smaller households to take home just what they need, without making a mess.
Vicente Peris Sells Half Fruit Slices to Prevent Food Waste
1. Half Fruit Slices - Half fruit slices packaging offers convenience and reduces food waste.
2. Transportable Produce - Special packaging for sliced fruits enables easy transportation of heavy produce.
3. Customized Purchases - Half fruit slices packaging caters to smaller households, allowing them to purchase only what they need.
1. Food Packaging - The food packaging industry can explore innovative packaging solutions for sliced fruits to meet the needs of smaller households and reduce food waste.
2. Grocery Retail - Grocery retailers can adopt the practice of offering half fruit slices packaging to provide convenience to customers and minimize food waste.
3. Produce Distribution - Produce distributors can invest in technologies and equipment to efficiently slice and package fruits for easy transportation and reduced waste.