To support brands and retailers in their efforts to reduce and replace plastic, Graphic Packaging International created ProducePack, a paperboard packaging range for fresh produce. The sustainable alternative to plastic was developed to protect, preserve and beautifully present fresh produce on its journey from the field to the store. The designs are available in different configurations, including some with carrying handles to support consumers on the go. The introduction of the paperboard packaging designs is timely since new considerations related to hygiene and product contamination are being prioritized in-store.
Angela Sommers, marketing director at BelleHarvest (a leading Michigan apple distributor) says: "69% of consumers prefer paper-based product packaging to plastic, and consumers see paper-based solutions as a trusted sustainable option."
The ProducePack is a Convenient, 100% Recyclable Plastic Alternative
1. Paperboard Packaging - The rise of paperboard packaging presents opportunities for sustainable and eco-friendly alternatives to plastic packaging.
2. Sustainable Packaging - The demand for sustainable and eco-friendly packaging is increasing, presenting opportunities for the development of new and innovative packaging solutions.
3. Convenient Packaging - Packaging with carrying handles and other convenient features presents opportunities for on-the-go consumers.
1. Food and Beverage Packaging Industry - The food and beverage packaging industry can leverage paperboard packaging to offer environmentally friendly solutions to its customers.
2. Retail Industry - The adoption of sustainable packaging options in the retail industry presents opportunities for companies to market themselves as environmentally responsible and attract consumers who value sustainability.
3. Sustainable Materials Industry - The rise of sustainable packaging options presents opportunities for companies that specialize in producing eco-friendly materials, such as paperboard manufacturers.