In an effort to help travelers stranded abroad wishing to return home amid the COVID-19 crisis, Sunwing has offered free return flights to all Canadians. These repatriation flights are specifically for those travelers in southern destinations and will be completely free of charge.
“We understand a lot of Canadians are still stranded outside the country and struggling to get home,” said Stephen Hunter, the CEO of Sunwing Travel Group. “That’s why we want to open up any extra capacity we have. It’s the Canadian thing to do.” So far in its aid efforts, Sunwing has returned over 33,000 travelers to Canada and hopes to have all Sunwing-specific travelers home by Monday, March 23rd.
Image Credit: Sunwing, Shutterstock
Sunwing is Offering Free Return Flights to Stranded Passengers
1. Repatriation Flights - Repatriation flights are a growing trend amid the COVID-19 crisis, offering stranded travelers a way to return home.
2. Free Travel Services - The provision of free travel services, such as free return flights, is emerging as a trend to help stranded individuals during the pandemic.
3. Humanitarian Assistance - The act of providing free return flights to stranded individuals showcases a trend of businesses providing essential humanitarian assistance in times of crisis.
1. Travel and Tourism - The travel and tourism industry can explore opportunities to collaborate with transportation providers and government agencies to offer repatriation flights and other free travel services to stranded travelers.
2. Airline - Airlines can seize the opportunity to provide free return flights and gain brand loyalty by assisting stranded passengers during emergencies.
3. Emergency Assistance - Companies specializing in emergency assistance services can tap into the growing demand for repatriation flights and related services to support stranded individuals during global crises.