The California Food and Agriculture Pavilion, a design concept drawn up by Michael Jantzen, was created for tourists to enjoy and to sustain and celebrate the wonderful food and agriculture within California, as well as the future of production from the state.
The shape of the structure is based on a contour map of a California hill. There will be six large vertical axis wind turbines that are mounted on top the structure. The turbines will generate electricity which will be used to partially power the pavilion. There are also lots of photovoltaic solar cells mounted around the pavilion adding additional electricity from the sun.
Rainwater collects from the pathways that run around the pavilion and will be stored to use around the structure. The area surrounding the pavilion will eventually be developed into outdoor plazas and exhibits depending on limitations. The interior is developed as a large open space, so people can view the wide variety of changing agriculture and food exhibits.
This Food and Agriculture Pavilion Will be a Major Attraction
1. Sustainable Agriculture - Designing food and agriculture-related structures with clean technologies and sustainable practices in mind presents opportunities in green building and renewable energy industries.
2. Smart Agricultural Tourism - Creating interactive and educational experiences around food and agriculture attracts tourists and provides opportunities for the tech industry to implement virtual and augmented reality solutions in agri-tourism.
3. Future of Food Production - Highlighting technological advancements and innovative farming practices in agriculture-themed exhibits offers possibilities in agtech, biotech, and automation industries.
1. Green Building - Incorporating renewable energy technologies and sustainable practices into agricultural preservation structures presents opportunities for the green building industry.
2. Tourism and Event Planning - Developing interactive and educational experiences around food and agriculture can attract tourists and provide new opportunities in the tourism and event planning industries.
3. Agriculture Technology - Showcasing technological advancements and innovative farming practices in agriculture-themed exhibits presents opportunities in agtech, biotech, and automation industries.