The folding sled by Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies is a practical solution to the difficulty around storing and traveling with toboggans. The folding sled boasts an intuitive design that folds and unfolds easily and fits in many small spaces, while it is also stackable, with a family worth of them fitting comfortably in a compact car trucks.
The folding sled is an example of a fresh take on a classic design we may not stop to consider the origin of. Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies have also engineered a folding raft.
Made with materials lighter than those traditionally used, the folding sled is an innovation that Frommeld and Mathies say they were inspired to explore based on the increase in sled rentals at hotels and hostels in regions where winter is the mainstay.
This Folding Sled is Easy to Store and Stacks in Your Car
1. Folding Equipment - The invention of travel-friendly toboggans implies an opportunity for developing foldable and easy-to-store equipment.
2. Lightweight Materials - The use of lighter materials in the folding sled opens up a trend for designing products that use innovative materials.
3. Stackable Designs - The stackable nature of the folding sled can inspire other designers to create stackable products that help save space.
1. Outdoor Gear - Outdoor gear industry can adopt the use of innovative and travel-friendly gear by incorporating foldable and stackable features.
2. Travel and Hospitality - Travel and hospitality industry can benefit from the use of such equipment in snowy regions and improve the customer experience.
3. Collapsible Furniture - The folding sled's design can be used to create collapsible and lightweight furniture for small spaces.