For many parents, there's nothing more nightmarish than the idea of flying with a baby, as getting comfortable on an airplane can be a challenge even without an infant. To improve the travel experience for families, Air New Zealand launched its Economy Skycouch program in 2017 and it recently received a Crystal Cabin Award for airline innovation.
The most recent updates to the Air New Zealand Skycouch program aim to provide support for the youngest travelers of all, thanks to an infant pod insert. This design, complete with safety harnesses, allows a baby to lay down throughout the flight, even when the in-cabin seatbelt lights indicate that adult travelers should buckle up. The size of the pod takes up about two seats, which makes it easy for couples or people who are traveling in pairs to tend to the baby.
Air New Zealand's Skycouch Makes Flying with a Baby More Comfortable
1. Infant-friendly Airline Seats - Airline industry can innovate by designing seats that provide comfort and safety for infants during flights.
2. Improved Travel Experience for Families - Travel and hospitality industry can create innovative services and amenities that cater specifically to families with infants.
3. Airline Innovation for Infant Support - Airlines can focus on developing innovative solutions and products that enhance the comfort and safety of infants during flights.
1. Airline Industry - The airline industry can capitalize on the opportunity to provide innovative seating options and services for families with infants.
2. Travel and Hospitality Industry - The travel and hospitality industry can enhance their offerings by providing specialized amenities and services tailored to families traveling with infants.
3. Baby Product Industry - The baby product industry can explore opportunities to create innovative baby pods and accessories that improve the comfort and safety of infants during air travel.