The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a global shortage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that are essential for frontline workers to use to prevent the spread of the virus. To help meet demand, Gillette has converted two of its razor manufacturing plants to produce plastic face shields for medical workers. The razor brand has committed to producing and donating 100,000 face shield masks to the brave individuals at the frontlines.
The face shield production follows the brand's previous efforts to produce hand sanitizer in place of its traditional self-care products to fight the spread of the virus. In addition, Gillette has donated over 55,000 N95 masks from its inventory to protect health workers and over 70,000 razors—used by medical professionals to remove beards and mustaches to securely wear masks.
Image Credit: Gillette
Gillette Produced & Donated 100,000 Face Shields to Healthcare Workers
1. Razor-branded PPE Production - Innovative production methods for PPE by companies who traditionally produce personal care products.
2. Self-care Product Conversion - Companies converting the production of their traditional personal care products to important healthcare necessities during times of crisis.
3. Donations to Frontline Workers - Companies donating essential items to frontline workers fighting crises and shortages.
1. Personal Care & Hygiene Products - Manufacturers of personal care and hygiene products can produce essential PPE items during times of crisis.
2. Medical Equipment Manufacturing - Companies that produce medical equipment can partner with personal care brands to increase PPE production during crises.
3. Healthcare Services - Healthcare providers can work with personal care product manufacturers to obtain essential PPE and other items during times of crisis.