St. Erik's Brewery, a craft beer maker that's based in Sweden, wanted to add to the overall experience of its product by pairing it with a snack that's widely adored by consumers, however in a way that's much more elegant -- prompting it to create some of the world's most expensive potato chips.
Reportedly made from a combination of rare Nordic ingredients, the snacks are sold in a pack of five for $56 -- making each chip more than $10 apiece. In order to get the savory treats, St. Erik's Brewery employed the talents of Pi Lee, a renowned chef. As he explains of the expensive potato chips, "All of the ingredients are of a stature that not many will have tried before."
St. Erik's Brewery Made These Expensive Potato Chips to Go with Its Beer
1. Luxury Snacks - Brands and artisanal makers can create new luxury snacking experiences to enhance product image and increase perceived value.
2. Gourmet Chip Flavors - Innovative flaors for chip snacks can be created using rare, unique, and high-quality ingredients to stand out and increase bottom lines.
3. Artisanal Food Pairings - Artisanal makers can create high-value food pairings to differentiate their products and develop brand loyalists.
1. Craft Beer - Craft beer makers can create partnerships with chefs to craft upscale food pairings that showcase their beer and increase customer loyalty.
2. Snack Foods - Snack food companies can create premium snack options using rare and unique ingredients to appeal to consumers who value high quality and unique experiences.
3. Fine Dining - Fine dining restaurants can explore unique snack options as upscale appetizers or bar bites to differentiate themselves and increase profitability.