Chicago-based photographer, Reuben Wu, uses 200 LED lights paired with static, beeps, and a soft melodic sequence to create his new project dubbed EX STASIS. The exciting illumination appears to emerge from the air in a series of glowing geometric shapes.
The artist's signature otherworldly style draws on his previous "Lux Noctis" and "Aeroglyph" series, which both use a combination of drones and light painting. To illuminate Wu's chosen rugged topography, he uses similar methods to create rings, dots, and tubes that spin into geometric shapes.
With LED lights, the shapes change color above the landscape. EX STASIS is captured by the camera and through a combination of stills, timelapse, and real-time footage. To create the mesmerizing effects, four audiovisual works juxtapose the scenery with artificially produced light and electronic sounds.
Image Credit: This is Colossal
Artist Reuben Wu Creates EX STASIS With 200 LED Lights
1. Geometric Light Art - There is an emerging trend of using LED lights and geometric shapes to create visually mesmerizing art installations, opening up opportunities for artists and lighting technology providers to innovate and collaborate.
2. Combining Drones and Light Painting - The trend of using drones and light painting together to create unique and otherworldly art installations is gaining traction, presenting opportunities for artists and drone manufacturers to experiment with new techniques and designs.
3. Audiovisual Works - The integration of audio and visual elements in the creation of art installations is becoming more popular, opening up opportunities for artists and technology companies to develop innovative ways of combining sight and sound.
1. Art and Entertainment - The use of LED lights, drones, and audiovisual effects in art installations presents an exciting opportunity for artists and entertainment companies to create unique and immersive experiences for audiences.
2. Lighting Technology - The trend of using LED lights in art installations opens up opportunities for lighting technology companies to develop new and innovative products geared towards the art and entertainment industries.
3. Drone Manufacturing - The integration of drones with light painting in art installations presents an opportunity for drone manufacturers to develop specialized equipment for artists and entertainment companies looking to create unique and dynamic installations.