Sustainably minded consumers and brands are passionate about removing single-use plastics from the waste stream and Evian is determined to reduce its output of plastic packaging by introducing the Evian (re)new, an in-home water appliance -- created in collaboration with Off-White founder and fashion designer Virgil Abloh. This water dispenser features a "bubble" that's made from 100% recycled plastic that shrinks as the brand's natural mineral water is consumed.
The component that stores water is designed to hold five liters of liquid, which is integral to creating the structure of the bubble. The bubble is 100% recyclable and made from a 100% recycled plastic skin and uses 66% less plastic than a conventional 1.5-liter Evian bottle.
The Evian (re)new is a step in the right direction towards the company's 2025 goals for becoming a circular business and making all of its own containers from recycled plastic.
Evian (re)new Reinvents the Way Water is Packaged & Delivered
1. Sustainable Water Dispensers - There is an opportunity for appliance manufacturers to design and market sustainable water dispensers in response to increasing consumer demand for eco-friendly alternatives to bottled water.
2. Circular Packaging - Opportunities exist for brands to adopt a circular approach to packaging, similar to Evian's initiative, in order to reduce waste and increase the use of recycled materials.
3. Designer Collaboration - Collaborating with designers and innovators, as Evian did with Off-White founder Virgil Abloh, can result in the development of innovative and sustainable products.
1. Appliances - Manufacturers of appliances that dispense water, such as refrigerator makers, can take advantage of the demand for sustainable alternatives to plastic bottles and create eco-friendly products.
2. Packaging - As more consumers prioritize sustainability in their purchasing decisions, there is an opportunity for packaging companies to offer more circular and eco-friendly packaging options.
3. Fashion - Co-branding and collaborating with fashion designers and brands can help companies create unique, sustainable products with broad appeal to eco-conscious consumers.