Dozens if not hundreds of fantasy role-playing games have begun with the adventurers meeting one another in a village tavern, and 'Epic Tavern' is a new management and role-playing game that makes fun out of that gaming trope. Rather than exiting the bar to begin the adventure, Epic Tavern keeps the adventure within the tavern itself.
Epic Tavern is a little bit like the classic Rollercoaster Tycoon or Sim City games, as players charged are charged with managing a bar in a sleepy fantasy town prone to adventurous visitors and dangerous quests. The game tasks players with building a tavern that attracts the most adventurous drinkers, hoping to connect them and send them on quests out in the world. The players themselves stay in the bar, though, making sure the drinks stay full and the magic keeps happening.
'Epic Tavern' Players Manage the Bars Where Adventures Begin
1. Meta-adventure Role-playing Games - As the gaming landscape becomes more immersive, there will likely be more games like 'Epic Tavern' that explore and parody popular gaming tropes.
2. Fantasy-world Management Games - Games like 'Epic Tavern' present a unique opportunity for players to take on the role of tavern keeper and agency over their environment.
3. In-tavern Adventures - By focusing on the initial meeting spot between characters, games like 'Epic Tavern' put a spin on classic RPG set-ups and offer a new kind of adventure to gamers.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can continue to explore interactive and immersive gaming experiences like 'Epic Tavern'.
2. Hospitality - Hospitality businesses can capitalize on immersive experiences by implementing gamification elements like those seen in 'Epic Tavern'.
3. Tourism - The tourism industry can take inspiration from games like 'Epic Tavern' to create unique experiences for travelers that are both interactive and entertaining.