The ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial is appropriately titled. It stars transgender model Jenna Talackova, who was publicly disqualified from the 2012 Miss Universe Canada pageant after it was found out she was born as a male. She is now being given a voice, from the very country that tried to silence her before, in a very chic way. She tells the publication, "You know, you need to be real with yourself, and you need to realize that it’s not a mistake. You have an amazing life to live--live it the way you want to.”
Appearing in the January 2014 issue of the magazine, the ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial was shot by photographer John Van Der Schilden. For those who want to see more of Talackova, she will be starring in a reality show, 'Brave New Girl.'
The ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' Photoshoot Stars Jenna Talackova
1. Transgender Visibility in Fashion - The ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial featuring transgender model Jenna Talackova highlights the growing trend of increased visibility and representation of transgender individuals in the fashion industry.
2. Inclusivity and Diversity in Fashion - The inclusion of transgender model Jenna Talackova in the ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial reflects the industry's shift towards embracing diversity and promoting inclusivity in fashion.
3. Breaking Gender Stereotypes in Modeling - The ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial challenges traditional gender stereotypes in the modeling industry by featuring a transgender model and showcases the potential for disrupting conventional beauty standards.
1. Fashion Photography - The ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial presents new opportunities for fashion photographers to capture and celebrate diversity in their work.
2. Reality Television - The reality show 'Brave New Girl,' starring transgender model Jenna Talackova, taps into the trend of showcasing diverse stories and experiences in reality television.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics - The ELLE Canada 'Fierce Competitor' editorial opens up possibilities for the beauty and cosmetics industry to create products and campaigns that cater to a more diverse range of consumers.