Fritz Grobe and Stephen Voltz’s specially built vehicle, known as the Eepybird, is a combination of a bicycle and a trailer.
The Eepybird is powered by the explosive power of Mentos mints and Coke Zero, which both work together to push the car forward. Grobe and Voltz used 108 two-liter bottles of Coke Zero and 648 mints to propel the vehicle over 220 feet. The experiment was sponsored by Coke and Mentos, and experienced a whopping increase in sales by 12% after a video documenting the experiment was posted on Youtube.
The Eepybird is powered by Mentos Mints and Coke Zero
1. Mentos-powered Vehicles - Developing vehicles powered by Mentos mints provides a disruptive innovation opportunity within the transportation industry.
2. Sponsorship-driven Sales Boost - Leveraging sponsorship to create viral content can lead to significant sales increases, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities within the marketing industry.
3. Explosive Beverage Experiments - Exploring the potential of using explosive reactions in innovative ways can lead to disruptive advancements in both the food and beverage industry and the entertainment industry.
1. Transportation - Developing Mentos-powered vehicles can disrupt the conventional fuel-powered transportation industry.
2. Marketing - Utilizing sponsorship-driven viral content can disrupt traditional marketing strategies and boost sales in various industries.
3. Food and Beverage / Entertainment - Exploring explosive reactions in innovative culinary or entertainment experiences can disrupt traditional approaches in both the food and beverage industry and the entertainment industry.