There is a playfulness to the experimental furniture designs of Edward Slater that will both boggle and entertain people's minds. A past student in the product design program at Brunel University in Uxbridge, London, he dropped out in his second year after realizing it wasn't a good fit. That didn't stop Edward Slater from indulging his love of furniture design.
A cameraman and editor at a London media startup by day, Edward Slater retreats to his backyard shed at night to create surreal pieces of furniture. For instance, his Wooden Chair has an protruding X on the seat that makes it look very uncomfortable. But it is set on springs that depresses once sat on. Edward Slater's Bedside Stronghold, complete with moats, walls and a drawbridge, is worthy of 'Game of Thrones' fans.
Designer Edward Slater Creates Mind-Boggling Furnishings
1. Experimental Furniture Designs - Opportunity for designers to create mind-boggling and entertaining furniture pieces.
2. Surreal Furniture - Potential for creating unique and unconventional furniture designs.
3. Backyard Workshop Creations - Emerging trend of artists and designers creating innovative furniture in their own backyard workshops.
1. Furniture Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating unconventional and playful furniture designs.
2. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to explore and experiment with surreal and mind-boggling furniture creations.
3. Media and Entertainment - Potential for collaborations between furniture designers and media industry to create furniture inspired by popular culture.