For those who believe that everything goes better with a doughnut there are these cute Doughnut Macarons. Created by the blogger Steph, from the astonishing baking blog 'Raspberri Cupcakes,' these cute sprinkle-coated macarons are sure to put a smile on your face. Carefully shaped, filled and stacked, these Doughnut Macarons come eerily close to looking like the real deal.
The Doughnut Macaron's shells are spiked with brown sugar and cinnamon to give them the flavor of an old fashion cake doughnut. Once baked into the shape of a doughnut, the shells are slathered with a strawberry jam buttercream and sandwiched together. As a final flourish, the Doughnut Macarons are topped off with a healthy dose of rainbow sprinkles.
Deliciously darling and playful, these Doughnut Macarons deliver all the flavor of a doughnut in an airy bite-sized package.
These Doughnut Macarons are the Perfect Hybrid of Two Stellar Desserts
1. Hybrid Desserts - There is an opportunity for dessert companies to innovate and create more hybrid desserts like Doughnut Macarons, blending two or more popular treats to create something new.
2. Creative Dessert Presentation - Restaurants and bakeries can take advantage of the trend by offering visually appealing desserts to increase customer engagement and appeal to a wider audience.
3. Customizable Desserts - A market opportunity exists for customizable desserts that allow customers to choose their own flavor, topping, and filling combinations to make their own unique creations.
1. Bakery - Bakeries can incorporate a wider variety of dessert mash-ups to appeal to more customers and differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Catering - The trend of hybrid desserts and creative presentation can be adapted by catering companies to provide unique and enjoyable experiences to event guests.
3. Food Retail - Food retailers can tap into the customizable dessert trend by offering options to customers such as DIY doughnut or macaron stations.