These unusual dinner dishes by Véronique Maire play with the way foods are presented and enjoyed. Although the trays take a mostly rectangular shape like a flat tray, the 'Landscape Tableware' series includes unexpected inclines and recesses that augment the meals on them.
The ceramic dishes are sculpted to include small mountains, volcanoes and lake shapes that interrupt eating surfaces that are totally flat. The three dishes in the series are appropriately named 'La Chaine de Montagne,' 'Le Volcan' and 'Le Lac' to reflect the integration of these natural elements into the dinnerware.
The white dish prototypes are quite minimal in their designs, but each of the trays is still able to tell quite a different story from the others in the Landscape Tableware series.
Veronique Maire's Dinner Dishes Integrate Mountains, Volcanoes and Lakes
1. Interactive Dinnerware - Creating dinner plates with unconventional shapes and features that enhance the dining experience.
2. Nature-inspired Tableware - Incorporating elements of natural landscapes, such as mountains, volcanoes, and lakes, into dinnerware designs.
3. Storytelling Dishes - Designing plates that visually communicate unique narratives or themes through their shapes and patterns.
1. Ceramics Manufacturing - Developing innovative ceramic production techniques to sculpt unconventional dinnerware shapes and features.
2. Hospitality and Restaurants - Integrating interactive dinner plates into the dining experience to enhance customer engagement and enjoyment.
3. Home Decor and Design - Exploring nature-inspired tableware as a unique and aesthetically pleasing addition to home dining collections.