Get your first peek at the first ever Diesel collection designed by new creative director Nicola Formichetti -- or, if you’re not so much into the clothes, stop and marvel at the fact that this slick campaign was shot entirely on a smartphone.
Yep, that’s right. Iconic photographer Nick Knight tipped up at the shoot armed only with an iPhone and several key apps in hand (e.g. MegaPhoto, Glitche and the ever-popular Instagram) to capture the #DIESELTRIBUTE collection, which consists of pieces that pay homage to key designs from the label’s archives.
The smartphone shoot aims to celebrate the “democratic view of fashion” that social media has encouraged over the last few years. Look out for Diesel’s badge-tastic vests, printed tees and skinny-fit shapes – with denim inspiring everything, of course.
Nick Knight Lenses Diesel’s Latest Campaign on an iPhone
1. Smartphone-shot Fashion Campaigns - Opportunity for brands to create innovative and cost-effective fashion campaigns using smartphones.
2. Social Media-inspired Fashion - Trend towards fashion collections that celebrate the democratic view of fashion influenced by social media.
3. Mobile Photography in Fashion - Increased use of smartphones and apps in the fashion industry for photography and campaign creation.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage mobile photography and social media-inspired campaigns to engage with a wider audience.
2. Technology - Opportunity for app developers to create innovative photography and video editing apps specifically designed for fashion campaigns.
3. Marketing - Brands can incorporate smartphone-shot fashion campaigns into their marketing strategies to stay relevant and appeal to younger, tech-savvy consumers.