As part of its Healthy Personal Choice Platform, Sun Basket worked with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) on the development of a Diabetes-Friendly Meal Plan.
The diabetes-friendly recipes created by Executive Chef Justine Kelly consider good nutrition, portion control and carbohydrates in particular, so that one's blood glucose levels can easily be monitored. Sun Basket's Diabetes-Friendly Meal Plan recipes include options like Salmon Cakes with Celery Salad and Tahini Goddess Dressing or Harissa-Rubbed Chicken with Artichoke Tapenade and Seared Romaine, each of which comes in at 700 calories or less, and includes at least five grams of fiber, as dietary fiber is useful for managing blood glucose.
Sun Basket offers a variety of meal plan options that cater to different dietary needs and preferences, including Paleo, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegan and Pescatarian choices.
Sun Basket and ADA Collaborated on a Carbohydrate-Conscious Food Plan
1. Carbohydrate-conscious Meal Plans - Exploring opportunities to create meal plans that balance nutrition, portion control and carbohydrates for diabetes or other health conditions.
2. Fiber-rich Recipes - Investigating opportunities for recipes that include high amounts of dietary fiber to help manage blood glucose levels and promote healthy eating habits.
3. Tailored Meal Plans - Developing opportunities for customizable meal plans that cater to different dietary needs and preferences to reach a wider market.
1. Meal Kit Delivery Services - The industry can create more specialized meal plans that cater to different health conditions to tap into a wider market segment.
2. Healthcare Industry - Industry players can collaborate with meal kit delivery services to promote healthy eating habits through customized meal plans.
3. Food and Beverage Industry - The industry can focus on developing more health-conscious and nutritionally-balanced products for diabetes patients and people with other health conditions.