The DerbyBlue 'Pop Eyes' series is a grown-up version of the vintage cartoon, 'Popeye The Sailor Man.' The majority of fans who remember these retro animations from their childhood are now adults, and DerbyBlue playfully draws off of this deduction in his naughty treatment of these illustrations.
By the hand of the artist, this classic cartoon has gone from G-rated to R, portraying a sexualized Olive Oil and a dreamboat Popeye. Some images from the DerbyBlue 'Pop Eyes' series even strip characters down, giving the TV show's old wholesome image a complete adult makeover.
The DerbyBlue 'Pop Eyes' Series is a Naughty Take on a Retro Favorite
1. Adultification of Retro Cartoons - Opportunity for artists to create adult-themed versions of beloved childhood cartoons, appealing to nostalgia-driven adults.
2. Playful Nostalgia - Opportunity to tap into adults' fondness for retro cartoons and create products that evoke a sense of nostalgia.
3. Reimagining Classic Characters - Opportunity to reimagine and reinterpret iconic characters from vintage cartoons, offering a fresh and innovative take on familiar favorites.
1. Art and Illustration - Disruptive innovation potential in creating adult-themed art pieces and illustrations inspired by retro cartoons.
2. Entertainment and Media - Opportunity for content creators to produce adult-oriented cartoons and animations, catering to nostalgic adults.
3. Merchandising and Collectibles - Opportunity to develop merchandise and collectibles inspired by adult-themed reimagined versions of retro cartoons.