Selfridges is launching a daring department store campaign that will not only embellish the retail space but will also provide a platform for artists -- professional and emerging. Dubbed 'State of the Arts,' the activation realizes nine stunning installations by critically acclaimed artists -- from Yayoi Kusama to Chantal Joffe.
The department store campaign essentially turns Selfridges into an art gallery that has come to be recognized as "one of London's largest ever public art projects." Visitors to the "multi-dimensional destination" are able to enjoy guided tours until March 30th. In addition, Selfridge's project is opening the door to hands-on experiences through exclusive events, art classes, and artist residencies.
In doing so, the department store campaign becomes an amalgamation of unique, in-store displays and proactive consumer interaction.
Photo Credits: Matt Writtle
Selfridges Boasts Visual & Performance Art Through Display
1. Art-infused Department Store Campaigns - Opportunity for department stores to collaborate with artists and transform their spaces into art galleries.
2. Visual & Performance Art Through Display - Potential for incorporating visual and performance art into retail displays, creating immersive shopping experiences.
3. Hands-on Experiences and Artist Residencies - Emerging trend of offering consumers interactive opportunities, such as events, art classes, and artist residencies within retail spaces.
1. Retail - Retailers can explore partnerships with artists to create unique in-store displays and enhance the overall shopping experience.
2. Art - Artists can benefit from collaborations with department stores to gain exposure and showcase their work to a wider audience.
3. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can incorporate art installations and interactive experiences to create memorable guest experiences.