Dennis Maher is a New York artist who uses an unusual medium in his works. His sculptures consist of pieces of demolished buildings from Buffalo, New York.
Demolishing homes and businesses is a booming business in Buffalo. Dennis Maher was working part-time on a demolition crew when he decided to take pieces of his work home with him to create his art. The results are these sculptures, which contain everything from bits of old mansions to businesses.
Dennis Maher's sculptures are an artistic view of how the poor economy affected cities across the country. Check it out for yourself above.
Dennis Maher Uses Pieces of Demolished Buildings to Make His Sculptures
1. Building Demolition - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing sustainable methods for building demolition and reuse of materials in art and construction.
2. Urban Decay - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating innovative solutions for revitalizing urban spaces and repurposing materials from demolished buildings.
3. Economic Impact - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring creative ways to address the impact of poor economy on cities through art and urban development.
1. Construction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating sustainable practices and material reuse in the construction industry.
2. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing unconventional materials and artistic representations of urban decay in contemporary art.
3. Urban Development - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethinking urban planning and redevelopment strategies to address the economic impact on cities.