The Death Clock is a new browser extension designed to encourage people to never take life for granted. The Google Chrome plug-in does this by launching a "death countdown" every time you open a new tab. Displayed is a picture from some exotic location and a countdown of the days, hours, minutes and seconds you have left.
There's no word on how the Death Clock calculates this, though. The sample screen shots show a person with about 56 years of life left. Although it's a bit morbid the Death Clock is a nice reminder to seize the day. The fact that it opens up every time you launch a new tab, which for most means getting sidetracked from something more important, should help keep many on task.
The Death Clock Reminds Keeps You on Task and Appreciating Life
1. Life-affirming Plug-ins - Developing browser extensions that promote life-affirming habits can be a new trend in tech.
2. Mortality Reminder Tools - Creating tools and technologies that remind people of their mortality can be a trend in mental health and wellness.
3. Digital Self-awareness - Developing digital tools that help users monitor and track their daily habits and behaviors can be the new trend in personal growth and development.
1. Technology - Tech companies can use the trend of developing life-affirming plug-ins and tools to create products focused on wellness.
2. Mental Health - Mental health professionals can use mortality reminder tools to help patients understand their behaviors and actions on a deeper level.
3. Personal Development - The trend of digital self-awareness can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the field of personal growth and development.