This over the top David Hasselhoff commercial is a result of the cult entertainment figure teaming up with Cumberland Farms to promote the brand's Farmhouse Blend iced coffee.
Produced by Boston-based Redtree, the ad depicts Hasselhoff parading around a beach, parasailing, yelling joyfully from mountaintops and laying with female admirers in the sand, all while singing 'Thirsty for Love.' The song lyrics were penned by Cumberland Farms' ad agency Full Contact, while the music was provided by Asche & Spencer of Minneapolis and post-production was taken care of by Boston's Peel & Eat.
The team aimed to create a cheesy summer anthem that elevated the presence of Cumberland Farms' ice coffee to a broader market. The David Hasselhoff commercial follows the previous year's ad campaign that featured cardboard cutouts of the actor.
This David Hasselhoff Commercial is Ridiculous but Memorable
1. Celeb-endorsed Advertising - Incorporating celebrity endorsements into advertising can be a memorable and effective way to promote products.
2. Cheesy Summer Anthems - Creating cheesy but catchy anthems can elevate a brand's presence and appeal to a broader market.
3. Collaborative Content Production - Collaborating with multiple creative agencies can result in compelling and well-produced advertising content.
1. Food and Beverage - Celebrity endorsements and memorable advertising campaigns can be effective in promoting food and beverage products.
2. Entertainment - Advertising campaigns including catchy summer anthems and famous celebrities can engage consumers and build excitement around entertainment and media products.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Working collaboratively with multiple agencies and combining different creative viewpoints can result in more impactful and effective advertising campaigns.