Darell Hammond and KaBOOM! have built over 1,800 playgrounds across the US. Hammond has long been concerned about the fact that fewer than half of all children in the USA have access to a community playground, so he founded KaBOOM! to help make a difference.
Darell Hammond and KaBOOM! hope that others will also bring volunteers and project supporters together to create change, and that their efforts will serve as a model for building even more playground facilities in neighborhoods that don't have them.
Darell Hammond and KaBOOM! Build Over 1,800 Playgrounds
1. Community-driven Playgrounds - Opportunity to create playgrounds driven by community involvement and volunteer support.
2. Social Impact Entrepreneurship - Opportunity for entrepreneurs to build businesses that create positive social change, like KaBOOM!
3. Access to Play Spaces - Opportunity to increase access to play spaces for all children, addressing the issue of limited community playgrounds.
1. Nonprofit Organizations - Opportunity for nonprofit organizations to focus on building playgrounds and improving community access to play spaces.
2. Social Enterprise - Opportunity for social entrepreneurial ventures focused on creating accessible and engaging play spaces for children.
3. Urban Planning and Development - Opportunity for urban planning and development industry to prioritize the inclusion of play spaces in neighborhoods without existing playground facilities.