In addition to the wealth of Disney memorabilia, attendees at the first-ever D23 Expo in Anaheim last weekend got to enjoy some first-class people-watching. Like San Diego’s Comic-Con (and the others like it around the world), the D23 Expo attracted some serious fans.
Images in the gallery above are from the LA Times’ coverage of the D23 Expo, which featured one-of-a-kind sights like Captain EO costumes, frames of the presidents from the Hall of Presidents exhibit, and celebrity appearances.
D23 Expo Descends on Anaheim in a Wash of Fairy Dust
1. Fan Conventions - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity to create specialized fan conventions for niche interests, such as Disney fans.
2. Cosplay Culture - The growing popularity of cosplay presents opportunities for innovative costume design and related industries to cater to fans' desire for unique and memorable experiences.
3. Memorabilia Market - The demand for rare and unique memorabilia creates possibilities for disruptive innovation in the collecting and trading industries.
1. Event Planning - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for event planners to specialize in organizing and executing fan conventions for various interests.
2. Fashion and Design - The cosplay culture presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion and costume designers to create innovative and creative outfits tailored to fans' preferences.
3. Collectibles and Antiques - The memorabilia market offers disruptive innovation opportunities for entrepreneurs to create online platforms or marketplaces that facilitate the trading and authentication of rare collectibles.