Pieces like the D01 Table really challenge your expectations of typical home furnishings. Practically speaking, it would be just as effective to combine a wooden panel with a few underside supports -- yet this would arguably be far less exciting.
Instead, Teïva Bodereau cast a concrete base for this coffee table that takes an apparently impossible shape. It's been molded with a pair of perpendicular curves that combine into a graceful arching shape with upturned corners. It's upon these tips that the delicate glass tabletop perches, looking a little precarious, yet perfectly aligned. The D01 Table is more than a piece of furniture, it's a sculpture, a stimulator of the imagination and a reminder that things aren't always what they seem.
The D01 Table Appears to Take an Impossible Form in Your Family Room
1. Unique Home Furnishings - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating home furnishings that challenge traditional design expectations.
2. Innovative Material Usage - Opportunities for disruptive innovation can be found in using unconventional materials to create furniture pieces that defy expectations.
3. Functional Sculptural Furniture - Disruptive innovation can be achieved by merging the functionality of furniture with the artistic elements of sculpture.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can explore disruptive innovation by introducing unique and unconventional designs that redefine traditional furniture.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can capitalize on disruptive innovation opportunities by experimenting with innovative materials and unconventional design elements.
3. Art and Design Retail - Retailers specializing in art and design can embrace disruptive innovation by offering functional sculptures that blur the line between furniture and artistic expression.