It may be marginally morbid, but I love Skulls Unlimited, the "World’s Leading Supplier of Osteological Specimens." Sounds boring, but it really rocks.
For a start, they create custom skeletal mounts of animals that don’t exist (so say the scientists) such as this Centaur. The one featured here was created using the torso of a real human skeleton and melding it with the body of a horse.
Generally the company provides ‘run of the mill’ skeletons for research, however, as with the centaur, they also make some pretty awesome fake examples of hard-to-find, or non-existent, skeletons. The gallery features a penguin, beaver, marmoset, komodo dragon, rattle snake, lion and eland, barred owl, armadillo, dog (with toys) and monk seal.
Centaur Made of Real Bones
1. Custom Skeletal Mounts - Opportunity for creating unique and fictional skeletal mounts by combining different animal bones.
2. Fake Hard-to-find Skeletons - Opportunity to manufacture realistic replicas of rare or non-existent skeletons for educational or decorative purposes.
3. Osteological Specimens - Trend of using skeletal specimens for research, education, and artistic expression.
1. Research - Research institutions can explore the potential of custom skeletal mounts for anatomical studies and specialized research.
2. Education - Educational institutions can utilize fake hard-to-find skeletons to enhance learning experiences in biology and zoology courses.
3. Art and Decor - Artists and interior designers can tap into the demand for osteological specimens to create unique and intriguing art installations or home decor items.