Sony recently partnered with the culinary research 'Bompas & Parr' to develop a series of immersive culinary experiments. The project was part of Sony's 'Multi-Room Sonic Wonderland' and it explored how our musical influences impact our sense of taste.
The culinary experiments consisted of a series of different rooms, each of which featured a different selection of food and a different musical arrangement. As they sampled the food, the guests were subjected to a series of low and high pitched frequencies. The experiment demonstrated that guests found that their food tasted sweeter when they heard higher-pitched tones and more bitter when they heard low-pitched tones.
The unique culinary experiment provided insight into the complexity of our sensory systems and how audio technology can be used to alter our sense of taste.
This Company Has Developed a Series of Multi-Sensory Culinary Experiments
1. Immersive Culinary Experiments - Exploring the impact of audio technology on our sense of taste through multi-sensory dining experiences.
2. Sonic Influence on Taste Perception - Investigating the connection between different musical arrangements and the perception of sweetness or bitterness in food.
3. Audio Technology in Gastronomy - Using sound-based techniques to enhance and manipulate the flavors and taste of food.
1. Culinary Research - Exploring new ways to create sensory dining experiences by incorporating audio technology.
2. Food and Beverage - Developing innovative food products and menus that incorporate sound-based techniques to enhance taste.
3. Audio Technology - Utilizing audio technology to create unique dining experiences and influence taste perception.