A Texas county commissioner, Steve Radack, is trying to buy votes by promising a free toilet plunger for voters and poll workers in his district. He says it is showing support for Joe the Plumber.
Steve Radack bought 1,000 toilet plungers and is calling for a national movement of people to carry toilet plungers into the voting booth. Joe “The Plumber” Wurzelbacher, became the latest pop hero when he confronted Barack Obama with a tax question and was captured on video. Steve Radack says Joe the Plumber represents the real America. Apparently, Steve Radack didn’t make the connection that if a plunger works, a Joe the Plumber isn’t needed.
Texas Official Buys Toilet Plungers for Voters
1. Toilet Plunger Voting - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop a secure and efficient system for voting with toilet plungers as a unique form of participation.
2. Political Memorabilia - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Create innovative and collectible political memorabilia beyond traditional merchandise, tapping into the uniqueness of toilet plungers.
3. Celebrity Influence - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Explore the potential for celebrities to shape political narratives and influence voter behavior through unconventional means, as seen with Joe the Plumber.
1. Election Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop advanced voting technologies that incorporate unconventional objects, such as toilet plungers, to encourage wider voter engagement.
2. Collectibles - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Create a niche market of unique collectibles that blend politics, humor, and everyday household items like toilet plungers.
3. Celebrity Branding - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Collaborate with influential celebrities to launch distinctive product lines that convey political messaging and tap into their fan base.